Costume Contest Registration
Costume Contest Rules
- Contestants under the age of 18 need a parent or legal guardian present at the costume competition to sign a waiver in order for that contestant compete in the costume contest.
- All costumes must cover "swimsuit areas" – no nudity. Body-paint costumes are not eligible, this of course doesn't include make up.
- The contest is open to characters from published works; movies, TV shows, comic books, cartoons, video games, and card games. If your costume has won a major award before you are not eligible for any awards in this contest. Rule breakers will be disqualified. We want this to be a fun and fair competition for all ages.
- Please try to stay in a "family friendly" frame of mind when it comes to language and hand gestures. Violation of this rule may cause you to be disqualified from the competition.
- Costumes must be handled by the contestant or by handler(s) the contestant brings to help.
- Contestants are not allowed to throw anything, use projectiles, or use anything on stage that will leave the area a mess. This includes (but is not limited to) liquids, glitter, and confetti. If you have a question about something you want to do, feel free to send an email with “Costume Contestant Question” as the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No pyrotechnics, fire, explosive devices, live animals, or similar special effects can be used during the competition; this includes smoke/smog machines and flash paper/powder. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition.
- No props and/or prop weapons will be allowed at this event. Safety First!
- Children (age 12 and below, see Children's Costume Competition for more details) who need a parent to accompany them. However, parent/child teams are allowed to compete in the main stage competition together.
- Each contestant may only enter one costume into the competition.
- All contestants must be registered by 6:30 PM. Judging promptly ends at 7:00 PM with awards to follow soon after. Hive Comicade reserves the right to turn away any contest entry it deems inappropriate or not in compliance with the rules.
- Keep in mind that the Costume contest is a family-friendly event.
Judging will be based on creativity and craftmanship.
The rules on this page are subject to change.
All costume events/panels have the potential to be photographed/filmed/recorded in some fashion. These recordings may be used in future galleries or promotions. Signing up for, and/or attending, any costume event is done with the understanding that recording could occur at any time, and permission is tacitly given for the participant's likeness to be used.